Guidelines for Posting Events
What goes in the NorCal Blue Calendar
NorCal Blue tracks and lists electoral events all across Northern California — from Swing Left chapters, Indivisibles and other grassroots organizations to our many Democratic Clubs. We include:
- Voter engagement events such as: voter registration, canvassing, phone/text banking, letter/postcard writing
- Legislative education and voter advocacy events
To submit your event:
- Be sure it falls into one of the above categories
- Verify your event is not already on the calendar
- Click the “Submit Your Event” button to the left
- Fill out the appropriate fields (note required fields below)
- Title (use specifics please, e.g., not just “voter registration” but “Voter Registration with Barack Obama and Bay Area Democrats (Oakland)”)
- Event description (wax eloquent about the experience. If you need an RSVP link, include it.)
- Date and time
- Event category: include at least one event type, county/location, and at least one relevant district.
- NOTE: “LOCATION” REFERS TO WHERE THE EVENT IS HAPPENING. “DISTRICT” REFERS TO THE DISTRICT OR AREA TARGETED. IF AN EVENT INVOLVES TRAVEL, SELECT THE ORIGIN AND DESTINATION LOCATIONS.
- Event venue and organizer (you can see a list of previous organizers and venues – please only add new ones if you cannot find yours on the list,
- NOTE: IF YOU ADD A NEW VENUE, IT MUST HAVE A ZIP CODE. IF THE VENUE IS A PRIVATE RESIDENCE THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP PRIVATE UNTIL SOMEONE RSVPs, ENTER THE ZIP CODE WITHOUT THE STREET ADDRESS, AND BE SURE TO PROVIDE AN RSVP LINK IN THE EVENT DESCRIPTION.
- Your name and email in the “Additional Fields” at the bottom of the form
- All other fields are optional. We highly suggest you provide a URL for your event (i.e., Facebook, Action Network, etc.).
- You may upload an event image if the file size is less than 50k. We will supply an appropriate image if you do not have one.
- Events should appear within 24 hours. Please contact us if it doesn’t appear.