- This event has passed.
EBAA-Beans to Bars to Bonbons Chocolate Tasting
September 13 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm$55.00
East Bay Activist Alliance presents:
Bean to Bar to Bonbon – Make the Resistance Delicious!
Chocolate Tasting Sunday, September 13, 2020, 3:30-5 pm
We distribute chocolate samples and treats directly to you, then you join our live Zoom event for a tasting led by chocolate luminaries Alice Medrich and Nancy Nadel. Build upon our prior events and learn how Alice and California led the way in revolutionizing chocolate in the U.S.
- Bean: How and where it’s grown, ethical sourcing, workers’ rights, fair trade
- Bar: Roasting profiles and coaxing diverse flavors from a single source
- Bonbon: Crafting confections from Jamaican cacao
- Sunday, September 13, 3:30-5
- Zoom online! Convenient pick-up locations or delivery of tasting samples; East Bay only.
- $55 minimum donation per person; $25 for each additional member of same household.
- To participate, make your donation here.
- Questions? Contact EBAAevents@gmail.com
All proceeds go to support Virginia Cox-Daugherty and Kimberly Hardy in their bids to flip the North Carolina State House.
Only 6 seats needed to turn the State House blue, with new, fairer maps in place.
In 2018, activists helped NC Dems gain 10 seats, breaking Republicans’ super-majority. NC is a key battleground state for the 2020 Presidential election. Support for state races is crucial for up-ballot races such as electing Cal Cunningham to US Senate, wresting the gavel from Mitch McConnell.